There is nothing like a sunset, no matter whether you are in the desert, by the ocean, the North Woods, Lake Superior, the Midwest including here in Kansas. So tonight I will let the sunset we had last night speak for itself.
View off Al and Judi's deck The last week or so has been full of visits with friends and family. We arrived at Two Rivers State Park near Waterloo, Nebraska. John had a good friend near here that we made plans so meet. This is part of the group that calls him “Doc” and we did get together with them at a wedding in St. Louis this summer. Al and Judi live on a Lake about 20 minutes from this park. I also have friends that live close to this park, Teri and Alan, but Terri is in Florida on business and Alan was out of town too, so I struck out. I did get to see them last year on our way through so will try to catch them next time through the area. One of the benefits of this lifestyle is getting a chance to visit with old friends. Al and Judi Tuesday afternoon we drove to Al and Judi’s for dinner. They have a great house on a lake with a beautiful view. We also took a boat ride around the lake. We really enjoyed the visit. John has enjoyed reconnecting with Al and Judi. They ha...
I can't believe I forgot to put this on my what we will miss list. The Linn County Parks! Squaw Creek and Morgan Creek Parks have been our home this summer. We have logged almost 130 nights in the 2 parks. Since we were still working, these two parks have been the most convenient but after checking out others including two state parks in the area I have to say they can't be beat. They are not FHU but do have electric and water. They allow 14 out of every 21 nights in each park so every week or two we would switch parks. They each have a little different feel but we like both and change our minds all the time regarding which is best. If you are traveling in this area I would highly recommend them. Squaw creek is in the process of putting in 22 FHU sites. Will have to check those out next summer when we are back.
Trail at Squaw Creek park Yesterday we moved back to Morgan Creek park (about a 15 mile drive) and I drove the rig! We have always said that I needed to start doing this but I never seem to do it. The first year I think John just felt he needed to get proficient at all the driving & parking things before he had me do it and then we just got lazy. It was just easier for him to do it. Recently friends of our that we met in Tucson, John and Terri had a very harrowing experience that reminded us why we both need to be able to drive this rig. John they think had a seizure while driving, luckily not towing but still it is amazing that they survived it. What this meant is that now Terri had to do the driving back to their former home town Sacramento and like me she had not done much driving. She did great and they are now coming off the road and starting a new phase of life. All of John's test look good so far and we wish him the best and hope that it was just a one time isolated...
Jim and Sadie took the word right out of my mouth. breathtaking
ReplyDeletethat is why i am looking forward to heading back west where you get treated to a higher percentage of beautiful sunsets... nice...
ReplyDeleteYour sunet spoke a thousand words! So beautiful.
ReplyDeleteKevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com
Breathtaking!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat! Really like the last one:)
ReplyDeleteAwesome sunset photos!
ReplyDelete