Happy Thanksgiving!

Johns says Hi from our site here in Yuma

We want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving from here in sunny Yuma. I always get a little bit nostalgic this time of year. These holidays are the times I miss my kids the most. Mitch our youngest is off to Seattle WA to visit a good friend while his daughter spends the holiday with her mom. He and his friend Caleb were stuck in the airport last I heard waiting out a delay. The challenges of traveling this time of year can be frustrating. Gabe is back in Early working and we hope he has a good day. Melissa is in CR with her mom. We are trying to solve a car issue for them and it has been a long go but we are hoping it will be solved soon
.
Thankful every day for these two. My heros.
Speaking of cars, John and I are particularly thankful this year for friends Mike and Trudy Woods. Mike has gone way beyond the call to help us and I get a little teary when I think of how blessed I am to have friends like them. They live  life always giving to others, to me they are people who are heros to so many of us and in so many ways. I am so blessed to have them in my life and I hope they know if they needed us for anything we will be there. So this Thanksgiving they are foremost in my mind.

We are enjoying Yuma. John is trying to finish up our remodle. He finished the wood on the stairs this week and now we are just down to the trim. It looks beautiful. My plan is to do a blog after we complete it and then I will share  a lot of photos. I'd like to get things cleaned up and put away before I take the after photos.

We have been playing some pickleball but John's achillies tendonn is giving him trouble again so I think his pickle ball is done. It is a real bummer as we really enjoy playing. We want it to get better as we have Trudy and Mike joining us in Tucson mid-January. The plan is to do lots of hiking so I don't want him to miss any of it. Ice, anti-inflammmatories, and biking instead of walking. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be feelinging better.

The good part of it happening here is I can still go hiking some with the hiking club and may be able to play a little pickleball in some ladder play. My bike was stolen recently (big bummer) so John is on his own for biking. I'll get another bike but probably not for awhile.


We are enjoying spending time with Kevin and Evelyn. We have played pickleball and had a very lively game of shuffleboard along with new friends Brad and Martha. That game was made more fun with as Evelyn calls it "liquid aiming fluid". There have been lots of happy hours, a thanksgiving potluck for the park and later today one for just us (myself, John, Kevin Evelyn, Brad and Martha).
The weather had become a little cooler but it is wonderful in the sun and the plan is eat out basking in its warmth
"liquid aiming fuel" makes them more accurate (hehe)

I wish good things for all of you this Thanksgiving Day and hope you all are counting your blessings and for those that are struggling I hope you will seek out and spend time with those that care and love you.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are enjoying Yuma. You would hate Amazon this year, it's not fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Janie! Hope you and John had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Urban Life

Back in Iowa and changes ahead

The desert is getting ready to bloom