The desert blooms

Kestrel falcon
We left Tucson on the 27th and right now are at Elephant Butte State Park and I will tell you more about that (I love it here) in the next post. I wanted first to tell you about a visit we took to the Sonoran Desert Museum just a little before we left. In the desert behind the park we had seen hints of spring with some ground flowers and blooms on the bushes but no cactus blooming. At the craft group meeting I learned that the gardens at the Museum were in bloom. They get some irrigation and bloom earlier. Ralph and Cheryl invited us to join them in visiting the museum. Yes, the gardens were in bloom and I am so happy we got to see them. I tried to put a slide show together but haven't figured out that software so decided I would just post photos. Some things are just better left to our visual senses. Besides the flowers I have included the photo of the Kestrel they had for people to see, This is the bird that we had perched in our tree early in our Tucson visit. The photos are much better than any written word. So enjoy!






The start of a crested Sagauro







Happy Trails....................................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Urban Life

Back in Iowa and changes ahead

The desert is getting ready to bloom